“American Sniper” Chris Kyle’s Widow Set To Appeal Verdict
December 24, 2014 11:31pm PST
Chris Kyle’s widow, Taya Kyle, has asked The 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to overturn their verdict in the defamation lawsuit of former Governor Jesse Ventura.
Ventura was awarded $1.8 million in August after he sued the estate of the late “American Sniper” over a passage in his book in which Chris described a confrontation with him. In the book, Chris described confronting a man he called “Scruff Face,” who was later identified as Ventura, during the wake of a U.S. soldier being held at a bar in Iraq.
Chris wrote that he heard Ventura criticizing both the war and President Bush, so he punched him and knocked him down.
Chris Kyle was a legendary sniper in Iraq who was killed in 2013. His book was recently turned into a movie, which is set to be released on Christmas day.
Taya filed the appeal on Tuesday, and as is typical with appeals, she gave no further details.
What do you think about this story? Sound off in the comments below!
H/T: Star Tribune
You may also like to read:
- Veteran Ordered To Remove His American Flag Because It’s ‘Offensive’ – He Responds With THIS
- Country Singer Luke Bryan Hears Obama’s Liberals Insult US Military – He Fires Back With THIS
- BREAKING: Obama Panicking After This State Files Massive Lawsuit Against Him
- Obama Facing MASSIVE Lawsuit – White House In Panic Mode
- Trump Gets Some Devastating News After Cruz Drops Out – He’s In Trouble