Another Police Officer Murdered in Cold Blood
December 22, 2014 8:18am PST
A 17-year veteran of the Tarpon Springs Police Department was shot and killed in the early hours of the morning on Sunday. Tarpon Springs is located on Florida’s Gulf Coast, about 10 miles northwest of Tampa.
Charles Kondek, 45, had been a law enforcement officer in New York for 5 years before moving to Florida, making his tenure as a policeman span more than two decades. Unfortunately, he will no longer be protecting and serving the community which he loved and worked so valiantly to keep safe.
Cecilia Barreda, sheriff’s spokeswoman from the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office, announced that the fatal shooting occurred in a residential area. Marco Antonio Parilla Jr., 23, has been identified as the suspect and is being held by authorities. He faces charges of first-degree murder.
According to Click Orlando, the Sheriff’s Office and local police are investigating the murder at this time. Kondek will be sorely missed by his family and the community, which has reportedly been devastated by his loss. He left behind a legacy of genuine concern for the well-being of others.
You may also like to read:
- Hoodlum Tries To Rob Bank – Doesn’t Realize Off-Duty Cop Is Right Behind Him…
- BREAKING: Active Shooter On The Loose In Texas
- BREAKING: Gunman On The Loose In THIS State After Shooting Two Police Officers
- Ted Nugent Humiliates Hillary By Releasing This Bombshell Footage
- BREAKING: Gunman On The Loose In Major US City – At Least One Dead, Five Injured