Matthew McConaughey Takes Public Stand for Traditional Marriage
December 4, 2014 9:29am PST
In an interview with GQ magazine, actor Matthew McConaughey took a very public stand for traditional marriage.
The 44-year-old admitted it took some nudging from Camila Alves, his wife, to get him to tie the knot. “Look, some of it had to do with her putting it on me,” he said. “It took her going, ‘C’mon, Big Boy, Mr. Easygoing-We’ll-Get-to-It-When-We-Get-to-It. Either s*** or get off the pot.’”
Whatever Alves did worked, because the pair have been happily married since 2012. McConaughey revealed that they made the decision to get married based on Christian values.
“We talked about it spiritually. We did a lot of reading and talked to a lot of people that had been divorced, a lot of people that had been happily married. We talked to our pastor. In the end, our understanding was, ‘Let’s go make a covenant, with you, me, and God,’” said the Oscar winner.
We don’t often see Tinsel Town favorites taking a stand for Christian values. Share this article to support Matthew McConaughey’s public stand for biblical marriage between a man and a woman.
H/T: Conservative Tribune
You may also like to read:
- Jodi Arias To Get MARRIED After Finding Love Behind Bars
- Hillary Clinton Panicking After Damning Footage Surfaces – See It Before It’s Deleted
- Chuck Norris Stuns Fans With Bombshell Announcement
- Hugh Jackman Blacklisted By Hollywood After He Says THIS About God
- Liberals Furious After Joel Osteen Says THIS About Hell