Grand Jury Announces Decision In Eric Garner Case
December 3, 2014 12:52pm PST
A grand jury has voted not to indict NYPD Officer Daniel Pantaleo for the death of Eric Garner.
Garner died on July 17 after Pantaleo placed him in a chokehold during an arrest for untaxed cigarettes, despite the fact that chokeholds are banned in NYPD guidelines. Viral video of the incident shows Garner, 47, repeatedly scream “I can’t breathe!” multiple times as his body goes limp.
The coroner ruled the death a homicide, and outrage quickly spread throughout New York City in the form of protests and riots.
The grand jury’s decision comes just over a week after a Ferguson grand jury voted not to indict Officer Darren Wilson for the murder of Michael Brown. With race-baiters’ wounds still fresh, they are sure to have a field day with this latest decision…
Do you think the grand jury made the right decision in this case? Sound off in the comments below!
You may also like to read:
- BREAKING: Cruz To Make ‘Major Announcement’ – This Could Be It
- BREAKING: FBI Reportedly ‘Ready To Indict’ Hillary Clinton
- Obama Makes Terrifying Announcement About Wife Michelle – Things Will Get Ugly
- Obama Makes Despicable Announcement on Eve of Thanksgiving
- BREAKING: Eric Garner’s Son ARRESTED On Theft Charges