Glenn Beck In Hot Water As Lawsuit Continues
December 3, 2014 10:52am PST
Glenn Beck is in trouble this week after a judge allowed Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi’s lawsuit against him to proceed.
Earlier this year, the conservative television host repeatedly accused the Saudi Alharbi of being involved in “terrorist activities” after he was questioned by police about the Boston bombing. When these accusations turned out to be false, Alharbi sued Beck for defamation.
This week, Beck’s lawyers tried to get the suit dismissed, but Judge Patti Saris wasn’t having any of it. She shot back that Beck “made numerous false statements about Alharbi on his radio show, even after he was cleared.”
Judge Saris concluded:
As a private figure, Alharbi is not required to allege actual malice in order to make out a claim for defamation. Instead, the level of fault required on the defendants’ part is merely negligence… The facts alleged in Alharbi’s complaint easily permit an inference that the defendants were negligent as to the truthfulness of their reports after the authorities cleared his name. The Court need not determine whether the allegations create a plausible claim of actual malice.
What do you think about this lawsuit? Does Alharbi have a good case? Let us know in the comments below!
You may also like to read:
- Air Force Official Risks Everything To Turn On Obama – Warn Americans About Terrorist Attacks He’s Trying To Hide
- ISIS Pedophile Tries To Buy Child Sex Slave – Gets A RUDE Wakeup Call
- BREAKING: Judge Issues Major Ruling On Hillary Clinton – This Could Change Everything
- Judge Gives Obama A HUGE Wakeup Call After He Lies Right To His Face
- Beauty Queen Comes Forward With Massive Accusation Of Trump – This Could Change Everything