White Cops Sue City For Racial Discrimination
December 1, 2014 7:23am PST
Nine police officers are suing the city of Cleveland, Ohio for racial discrimination after they were involved in a deadly police shooting in 2012 that resulted in the deaths of two blacks.
The eight white officers and one hispanic officer filed a lawsuit Friday that accuses the police department of treating non-black officers in shootings of blacks more harshly than black officers.
“A serious dichotomy exists as a result of the defendants’ longstanding practices and procedures which place onerous burdens on non-African American officers, including the plaintiffs, because of their race and the race of persons who are the subjects of the legitimate use of deadly force,” reads the suit.
The lawsuit stems from a 2012 shooting in which Cleveland police killed Timothy Russell, 43, and Malissa Williams, 30, in a barrage of 37 bullets after a high speed chase. Both were unarmed, and their families won a $3 million settlement against the city of Cleveland.
The officers involved were not allowed to return to regular duty until 2014, causing them to miss out on potential wages, transfers, and promotions.
The officers’ lawsuit seeks unspecified damages for discrimination and civil rights violations. Do you think they have a good case? Let us know in the comments below!
H/T: Daily Mail
You may also like to read:
- Welfare Queen Mouths Off To Patriotic Cop – Gets Hit Back With THIS
- Race Baiting, Cop Hating Beyonce Gets DEVASTATING News… HAH!
- Obama-Voting Woman Tries To Run Down Two Police Officers – Watch What Happens Next
- Loudmouth Thug Rappers Attack Police Officers, Then Get A NASTY Surprise
- Entitled Topless Obama-Voter Punches Cop – Gets A BRUTAL Response