Meet The Brooklyn Attorney Obama Is Tapping To Replace Holder
November 7, 2014 10:29am PST
Obama is looking for a replacement for his former Attorney General lapdog Eric Holder, and he thinks he’s found the perfect candidate in U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch.
Lynch, 55, is the top prosecutor in Brooklyn and a two-time U.S. Attorney nominated by Obama in 2010 as well as Bill Clinton. Unlike Holder, she has no other links to Obama or his policies.
The decision is a clearly strategic move for Obama to pick someone less political. It is reminiscent of George W. Bush’s choice of Michael Mukasey, a former judge who was viewed as a less political choice than Bush’s prior selections.
Other frontrunners for the Attorney General position included Labor Secretary Thomas Perez and Solicitor General Donald Verrilli Jr. Both of these choices would have been more controversial, as they would have had clear political undertones.
White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest was quick to say that Obama had not made his decision yet and that no announcement would be made today.
Do you think Lynch is the right choice for Attorney General? Sound off in the comments below!
H/T: The Blaze
You may also like to read:
- Judge Gives Obama A HUGE Wakeup Call After He Lies Right To His Face
- BREAKING: Trump Gets The Best News Of His Campaign – Hillary Is FURIOUS About This
- Supreme Court Gives Obama Some Devastating News
- Obama Spends $300,000 Tax Dollars To Give Illegals THIS
- Obama Makes Bombshell Admission – This Could Get Him Impeached