Family Of Kevin Ward Jr. Blast Tony Stewart, This Is Not Over
September 25, 2014 6:36am PST
On Wednesday, a grand jury decided not to press charges against Tony Stewart after it was revealed that Kevin Ward Jr. was high on drugs during the fatal car crash. Though the verdict seemingly put an end to this saga, Ward’s family revealed in a statement that this is far from over for them.
The family claims that Stewart, “intentionally tried to intimidate Kevin by accelerating and sliding his car towards him.”
They also basically accused the courts of victim blaming by saying their son was high on marijuana during the incident.
“The focus should be on Mr. Stewart and not my son,” Ward’s mother said. “This matter is not at rest and we will pursue all remedies in fairness to Kevin.”
The grand jury had deliberated for less than an hour before they found “that there is no basis to charge Tony Stewart with any crimes.” District Attorney Michael Tantillo said that when he told the victim’s father Kevin Ward Sr. about the verdict, he was “disappointed” but grateful for all the work done in the investigation.
Despite the verdict, this is clearly far from over for the Ward family. It looks like they are planning to file a civil suit against Stewart, which could drag out for months or even years.
What do you think the Ward’s next move should be? Are they doing the right thing, or should they move on? Let us know in the comments below!
H/T: The Daily Mail
You may also like to read:
- You Won’t Believe What’s Down the Street From Obama’s New Mansion…This Proves He’s A Muslim
- BREAKING: Obama’s Announce Final Lavish Summer Vacation – You Won’t Believe How Much It’ll Cost Us…
- Tragic Secret About Trump’s Past Leaks – He Needs Prayers
- You Won’t Believe How Much Obamas’ Argentina Trip Cost American Taxpayers…
- Obama Books TWO Air Force Ones For Argentina Vacation