Miley Cyrus Desecrates A National Flag On Stage
September 19, 2014 10:59am PST
A nation is outraged this week after they say Miley Cyrus desecrated their flag during a performance Tuesday night.
While singing in Monterrey, Mexico, Cyrus reportedly had her backup dancers whip her abnormally-large prosthetic butt with little Mexican flags. While this is obviously disrespectful, it might also be breaking the law.
The incident has dominated headlines in Mexico, where the press has accused Cyrus of violating a law that protects “national emblems, the flag and the national anthem.”
According to Mediaite, Article 52 under Mexican law states that, “disrespect for the flag and national symbols, will be punished according to their seriousness and the condition of the person who commits them.”
Punishments for violating this law range from fines to 36 hours in jail.
Recently, Mexican pop star Paulina Rubio appeared naked on the cover of a magazine with the Mexican flag draped around her. She was fined $4,000.
Mexican politicians have also begun speaking out against Cyrus.
“They are hitting her with the flag, or cleaning her backside. It’s a lack of respect,” Francisco Trevino Cabello, of the conservative National Action Party, said. “The interior ministry must sanction the singer Miley Cyrus for desecrating the flag.”
Skip to 2:20 in the video above and watch the incident for yourself. Do you think Miley Cyrus deserves to be punished? Let us know in the comments below!
You may also like to read:
- What Barack and Michelle Obama Did Over The Weekend Will Make You SICK
- Veteran Ordered To Remove His American Flag Because It’s ‘Offensive’ – He Responds With THIS
- Michelle Obama Is Caught Disrespecting America In The Worst Way
- What Miley Just Showed The World On Live TV Will Leave You Speechless
- Footage Surfaces Of Obama Disrespecting America – See It Before It’s Deleted