Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Diagnosed With Rare Cancer
September 17, 2014 3:08pm PST
It was announced Wednesday that controversial Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. According to The Blaze, Ford has been diagnosed with a malignant sarcoma tumor that Dr. Zane Cohen of Mount Sinai Hospital calls “very rare” and “very difficult.”
Cohen says that the cancer occurs in fat cells and that Ford will begin receiving aggressive chemotherapy as soon as possible.
Ford withdrew his bid for reelection last Friday when he was hospitalized with a tumor in his abdomen. His brother Doug Ford will be running for mayor of Toronto in his place.
Rob Ford’s bid for reelection was extremely controversial given his various drug and alcohol scandals as well as his time in rehab. Despite all of this, Ford was determined to run again, until this cancer took him out of the race.
We’ll update you further as this story develops.
H/T: The Blaze
You may also like to read:
- BREAKING: Legendary News Anchor Found Dead
- Major Secret About Joey Feek Is Revealed In Her Obituary – Fans Never Saw This Coming
- Blake Shelton Drops Bombshell About Terminally Ill Joey Feek
- Celine Dion Gets Devastating News Days After Husband’s Death – Please Pray
- Joey Feek Drops Bombshell About Battle With Terminal Cancer