Doctor Who Performed Joan Rivers’ Fatal Surgery Fired
September 12, 2014 11:23am PST
The doctor who performed Joan Rivers’ fatal surgery has been fired by the Yorksville Endoscopy Clinic.
According to TMZ, Dr. Lawrence Cohen stepped down from his position as medical director after the board asked him to do so. However, the board does not directly blame him for Joan’s death.
Instead, the board of the Manhattan clinic has fired him because he allowed an unauthorized E.N.T. Specialist to step in and perform a biopsy on the 81 year-old comedienne. You can read more about that here.
Dr. Cohen was a world renowned gastroenterologist as well as a co-owner of the Yorksville Endoscopy Clinic, which opened in 2013. Joan reportedly decided to have the surgical procedure done there to avoid the publicity of a hospital surgery.
Joan stopped breathing during Dr. Cohen’s surgery and was rushed to a hospital. She never regained consciousness and died a week later.
Do you think Dr. Cohen deserved to be fired, or is the clinic just looking for a scapegoat? Let us know in the comments below!
You may also like to read:
- Trump Campaign Rocked By Major Scandal – This Is NOT Good
- Dolly Parton Shocks Fans By Admitting THIS
- Teacher FIRED After She Is Caught Doing The Unthinkable On Camera…
- What This Teacher Filmed At Night Got Her Fired IMMEDIATELY
- She Spent $120,000 To Get The ‘Perfect Body’ – Is This Sexy, Or Did She Go Too Far?