Syrian Official Makes Shocking Claim About James Foley Murder
August 25, 2014 11:45am PST
In the wake of experts saying that the James Foley beheading video was staged, a Syrian official has come forward with a shocking revelation: Foley was murdered a year ago.
Bouthaina Shabaan, spokeswoman for President Bashar al-Assad, claims the United Nation has “information” that the photojournalist was killed last year. just after he was sold by the American-backed Free Syrian Army to his killers.
“James Foley was first arrested by the Free Syrian Army and he was sold to Isis. You can check with the UN,” she said, according to The Daily Mail. “James Foley was killed a year ago, not now, they [Islamic State] only released the pictures now, but he was killed a year ago. We have definite information, the UN has the information.”
Western intelligence reportedly is skeptical of this claim, seeing it as a desperate attempt from the Assad regime to become an ally in the fight against the ISIS.
This claim contradicts the testimony of Daniel Rye Ottosen, who spent 13 months in captivity with Foley and was released in June. Other hostages including French journalist Nicolas Henin also say that Foley was alive this year.
What do you think? Is there a chance the beheading video was shot last year, or is Assad’s regime just messing with us? Let us know in the comments below!
You may also like to read:
- BREAKING: Obama’s Announce Final Lavish Summer Vacation – You Won’t Believe How Much It’ll Cost Us…
- ISIS Releases New Beheading Video In Chilling Message To America
- Putin Releases Bombshell Video Of Obama – White House Humiliated
- ISIS Releases Most Chilling Video Yet – They’re Coming…
- GRAPHIC: ISIS Releases New Execution Footage In Disturbing Message To US