WATCH: Cop Shoots A Man Putting His Gun Down
August 22, 2014 7:37am PST
This video is not what it seems, which helps to illustrate an important point.
The life or death scenario unfolds in just a matter of seconds. An officer and his partner are pursuing a criminal who is in possession of a firearm. When the suspect is cornered, the officer in front of him demands that he put his weapon down, which he appears to do.
As he is placing his rifle on the ground, the cop shoots him dead.
Wrongful shooting? If you think so, then you need to watch the clip again.
The officer behind the thug witnessed something crucial: the criminal reaching for a handgun behind his back. He yells, “Gun!”, and immediately, the criminal’s bad day turns into his last day.
This sort of video is used to train police who will undoubtedly encounter situations in the field when they are forced to make split-second decisions. The people rioting in the streets of Missouri would do well to take a look at this.
In the case of an officer-involved shooting – or any other shooting for that matter – we should wait to draw conclusions until all of the evidence is on the table.
Let us know what you thought of this short video and the lesson it teaches in the comments section!
H/T: IJ Review
You may also like to read:
- Hoodlum Tries To Rob Bank – Doesn’t Realize Off-Duty Cop Is Right Behind Him…
- BREAKING: Active Shooter On The Loose In Texas
- BREAKING: Gunman On The Loose In THIS State After Shooting Two Police Officers
- Ted Nugent Humiliates Hillary By Releasing This Bombshell Footage
- BREAKING: Gunman On The Loose In Major US City – At Least One Dead, Five Injured