Darren Wilson Exposed: New Details Of Officer’s Past Emerge
August 20, 2014 6:03pm PST
Ever since he fatally shot unarmed black teenager Michael Brown, officer Darren Wilson has understandably laid low. The black community of St. Louis is outraged over the loss of 18-year-old Brown and they are out for Wilson’s blood. For a few days, at least, the six-year veteran of the police department’s identity was under wraps. When his name and likeness was exposed to the public, the media and protesters had a field day.
A week and a half after Wilson shot Brown, changing their two lives forever, details of the officer’s personal life continue to surface. Here are the facts so far, as we know them:
- Wilson is 28-years-old.
- He was born in Texas.
- His parents were married for four years before divorcing in 1989 in Texas.
- Court records say he divorced last November.
- His mother was a convicted forger and alleged con artist.
- His mother died 12 years ago, in 2002, at the age of 35.
- Wilson got a commendation in February from the Ferguson police force, four years into his job there.
- He lives in a brick, ranch-style home in Crestwood, Missouri, which is about 18 miles Southwest of Ferguson.
Although it appears that he parents weren’t much to brag about, Wilson looks to have grown into a fine young man. Friends of his speak overwhelmingly of his commendable character. One of his former high school classmates and hockey buddy, Jake Shepard, publicly came to his defense, saying:
“I think he’s kind of struggling a little bit, but I think he’s doing OK. He didn’t really want to talk much about it. But I can tell you for sure it was not racially motivated. He’s not the type of person to harbor any hate for anybody. He was always nice, respectable and well-mannered, a gentleman. He doesn’t have anything bad to say about anybody, ever. He’s very genuine.”
Does any of this new information change your opinion on officer Darren Wilson?
A growing group of concerned citizens are making their voices heard in support for Wilson in a new viral Facebook page called 1 Million Strong Against the Ferguson Race Rioters. Citizens appear to be increasingly fed up with the violence and looting occurring Ferguson at this time.
H/T: Brownsville Herald
You may also like to read:
- BREAKING: Gunman On The Loose In THIS State After Shooting Two Police Officers
- GRAPHIC: Thug Attacks Texas Cop – Gets A BRUTAL Dose Of Reality
- BREAKING: The ‘New’ Mike Brown Shot by Cop… Riots Already Starting
- BREAKING: Thug Pulls Out Gun – Opens Fire On Police Officers
- BREAKING: Active Shooter In Texas – Police Officer Shot