California Paying Residents Cash To Vote
August 15, 2014 1:29pm PST
Los Angeles has been seeing a rather dismal voter turnout for local elections, so in a ploy to keep Democrats in office, they are offering a cash prize for those who come out to vote.
As reported by Fox News:
With fewer than a fourth of voters showing up for recent local elections, the city’s Ethics Commission voted unanimously Thursday to recommend that the City Council consider a cash-prize drawing as an incentive to vote.
Commission President Nathan Hochman suggests the prizes could be $25,000 or $50,000, saying a pilot program should be used first to find out the number and size of prizes that would bump up turnout.
Clearly, this tactic appeals to young voters and those accustomed to taking handouts, who just so happen to also be the people known to vote for Democratic candidates.
What do you think of California’s latest hair-brained idea? Tell us in the comments section!
You may also like to read:
- Trump Earns Bombshell Endorsement – This Could Change Everything
- Hillary Desperate To Wipe This Video From The Internet – See It Before It’s Deleted
- Donald Trump Gets Some VERY Good News – This Changes Everything
- Donald Trump Gets The Worst News Of His Life – Every Conservative Needs To See This…
- Outrage After Obama Is Caught Doing THIS In UK