Cop Faces Ten Years In Jail After This Brutal Video Surfaces
August 11, 2014 9:57am PST
A shocking video of police brutality has landed a Connecticut cop a 10 year jail sentence. The footage shows two cops kicking and beating a man, who is lying motionless on the ground.
When a third cop, Officer Clive Higgins, shows up, he joins in beating the man instead of stopping the horrifying scene. According to The Blaze, Higgins approached the suspect after seeing him be tasered. He then began kicking and stomping on the man in his head and neck.
Though the incident happened three years ago, the footage has just recently gained national attention. The victim, Orlando Lopez-Soto, agreed on a settlement with the city of New Haven in which they would pay him $198,000.
The original two officers in the video resigned from the force and each face a year in prison if convicted. Higgins, a 12 year veteran of the police force, faces 10 years if he is convicted on charges of deprivation of civil rights under color of law.
What do you think? Do these cops deserve to be punished, or were they doing the right thing? Let us know in the comments below!
You may also like to read:
- Welfare Queen Mouths Off To Patriotic Cop – Gets Hit Back With THIS
- Race Baiting, Cop Hating Beyonce Gets DEVASTATING News… HAH!
- Obama-Voting Woman Tries To Run Down Two Police Officers – Watch What Happens Next
- Entitled Obama-Voter Messes With Patriot – Gets A RUDE Wakeup Call
- Loudmouth Thug Rappers Attack Police Officers, Then Get A NASTY Surprise