Fallen Marine’s Mom Gets Priceless Gift 9 Years After Son’s Death
July 27, 2014 11:11am PST
Patsy Maciel received her son’s burial flag when the marine was killed in a helicopter crash during his second tour in Iraq. She believed that it was the last piece of her son which she had to hold onto until she was contacted by Lanie Mae and Wally Brown.
The Browns had purchased a flag at a local flea market for $5 which had writing all over it. After a little research, they discovered that the flag was a tribute given to Maciel’s son, Fred, from his platoon after his death. Right away, the Browns knew what they had to do. They were able to connect with Maciel through Facebook and tell the grieving mother of the flag which they had in their possession.
This in and of itself would have been an amazing gift for Maciel, but the Browns decided to take it one step further. They arranged to fly to Maciel to give her the flag personally and meet the woman who had raised a brave U.S. Marine. Maciel is overjoyed to have the flag containing personal messages to her son from his fellow comrades. It’s a piece of her fallen baby which she never knew existed.
(Read More: Badass Iraq Veteran Turns Tables On Gun Toting Thief)
H/T: IJ Review
You may also like to read:
- Trump Scores The Best Endorsement Of His Campaign – This Is A Game Changer
- Veteran Ordered To Remove His American Flag Because It’s ‘Offensive’ – He Responds With THIS
- Pilot Orders Obama OFF Helicopter For Disrespecting US Marine
- Hitman Tries To Kill Marine – Gets A BRUTAL Dose Of Reality
- US Marine Visits White House – DEMANDS Obama Step Down As President