Supreme Court Deals Another Blow To Obamacare
June 30, 2014 11:35am PST
On Monday, the Supreme Court again struck a blow to the Obama administration and in a close 5-4 decision ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby, who had fought against having to provide contraception coverage to their employees under Obamacare.
Justice Samuel Alito wrote the presiding opinion with Justices Sonia Sotomayor, Stephen Breyer, Elena Kagan, and Ruth Bader Ginsburg dissenting against the decision.
The Green family, who owns Hobby Lobby, had objected to the contraception mandate because of their strong religious beliefs. Monday’s decision ruled that privately held corporations cannot be forced to provide contraceptive coverage under the 1993 Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
The court’s ruling only covers the contraception mandate and didn’t discuss a corporation’s freedom to refuse other medical products, like vaccinations or blood transfusions, on religious grounds.
You may also like to read:
- Obama Makes Major Move To Grab Your Guns Before Leaving Office
- BREAKING: House Republicans Score Major Victory Over Obama – He’s Panicking
- BREAKING: Trump’s Attorney General Pick Leaks – This Is Hillary’s Worst Nightmare
- Trump Is Asked If He’ll Put Cruz On Supreme Court – His Response May Shock You
- Supreme Court Makes Landmark Ruling That Should Terrify All Conservatives