OUTRAGEOUS: Fast Food Restaurant To Accept EBT Cards
June 18, 2014 7:50am PST
A fast food chain in San Antonio, Texas has announced it will be accepting welfare benefit cards as payment. Every Jack-In-The-Box location within the city will take Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards as payment, according to reports.
“This is a great program for those customers who need financial assistance to help them feed their families, especially for some seniors and those who cannot cook for themselves,” a Jack-In-The-Box spokesman said.
There’s currently two USDA programs that give out the EBT cards, which are Temporary Assistance For Needy Families (TANF), and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), both give out predetermined amounts of money for poor families. The allotments have typically been called “food stamps” in the past, however some have determined that phrase to be demeaning so it was changed to be more politically correct.
In the past, poor Texas families had been prohibited from using their Lone Star TANF benefits for “hot foods,” however now they’ll be able to enjoy the unhealthy menu at their local fast food chain since Jack-In-The-Box is “rolling out technology that would allow all of its San Antonio locations to accept Lonestar, EBT, Cash Aid and TANF cards.”
You may also like to read:
- BREAKING: Active Shooter On The Loose In Texas
- Obama-Voting Thug LOSES IT On Trump Over Food Stamps – Threatens To Do The Unthinkable
- Texas Governor Annihilates Obama – Humiliates President With THIS
- BOOM: Police Take MASSIVE Stand Against Beyonce for Being Anti-Cop
- BREAKING: Gunman Opens Fire In Texas – Multiple People Shot Dead