Shocking Video Shows Officer Running Over A Vet Laying In The Street
June 17, 2014 2:34pm PST
A shocking video released by the Tacoma Police Department shows a police cruiser running over a man who was laying in the street.
According to police, the man who was run over by their officer was 22-year-old Emanuel Andrade, who’s a Joint Base Lewis-McChord soldier. His actual position as a soldier wasn’t released, however it was confirmed by JBLM that he’s assigned to the 7th Infantry Division.
Loretta Cool, a spokeswoman for the police, said “We’re doing a traffic investigation like we would for any other citizen out there.”
“We don’t believe there’s any wrongdoing. It looks like an accident.”
The incident happened Saturday night at about 1:20 a.m., according to police. In the video you can see Andrade laying in the street when the cruiser approaches him then stops right in front of him.
The car rolls forward slightly then stops again before making a slight turn and then accelerating, running over Andrade.
The officer who was driving the cruiser hasn’t been identified.
Andrade survived the incident, but is recovering at St. Joseph Medical Center.
Cool said the department hasn’t reached out to the family of Andrade yet because they don’t want to interfere with his recovery.
“We’re trying to be respectful,” she said. “He’s not suspected of any crime. We want him to be able to spend some time there without interruptions.”
You may also like to read:
- Welfare Queen Mouths Off To Patriotic Cop – Gets Hit Back With THIS
- Veteran Ordered To Remove His American Flag Because It’s ‘Offensive’ – He Responds With THIS
- Race Baiting, Cop Hating Beyonce Gets DEVASTATING News… HAH!
- Obama-Voting Woman Tries To Run Down Two Police Officers – Watch What Happens Next
- Loudmouth Thug Rappers Attack Police Officers, Then Get A NASTY Surprise