Liberals Fooled Into Buying “Barefoot Running” Shoes
May 12, 2014 1:25pm PST
There are countless inventions that do nothing more than drain your wallet and provide something good to put in your next garage sale. Recently joining the ranks of those purchased made with a little less than good judgment is the FiveFingers shoes that recently just settled a lawsuit after it was discovered that the benefits offered by their product weren’t based in fact or science.
The company behind the shoes, Vibram, has recently just settled to pay $3.75 million back to those who bought the shoes under the false pretences. Amongst those promises based off nothing more than opinion are:
(1) Strengthen muscles in the feet and lower legs
(2) Improve range of motion in the ankles, feet, and toes
(3) Stimulate neural function important to balance and agility
(4) Eliminate heel lift to align the spine and improve posture
(5) Allow the foot and body to move naturally
After having bought the shoes that cost upwards of $100 a pair, the courts have recently decided that their claims were unfounded. According to several doctors brought in to consult on the case, “Barefoot running has been touted as improving strength and balance, while promoting a more natural running style. However, risks of barefoot running include a lack of protection, which may lead to injuries such as puncture wounds, and increased stress on the lower extremities.”
As a result, the company is set to offer back up to $50 back to each person who bought a pair of the shoes, if their claim proves legitimate. If all the money is not claimed, the remainder of the $3.75 million will be donated to the American Heart Association.
Let us know what you think of this in a comment below.
You may also like to read:
- BREAKING: Obama Panicking After This State Files Massive Lawsuit Against Him
- Obama Facing MASSIVE Lawsuit – White House In Panic Mode
- Trump Gets Some Devastating News After Cruz Drops Out – He’s In Trouble
- BREAKING: Judge Makes Massive Ruling Against Trump – He’s Going To Trial
- Supreme Court Gives Obama Some Devastating News