What To Do If A Nuke Explodes In Washington
April 15, 2014 9:45am PST
The idea of a nuclear bomb exploding in downtown Washington is hard to top in terms of greatly feared disaster situations. As it turns out though, this type of terrorist attack may be more survivable than public opinion suggests.
If, God forbid, we were ever faced with a situation where a nuclear bomb was detonated, the choices you make in the moments afterwards will determine whether you face imminent death or live to see another day. If you survive the initial blast, you have a 96% chance of making it out alive by following these steps:
(Read More: Americans Used As “Guinea Pigs” During Nuclear Tests)
- DO NOT get in your car and drive away. Getting out of dodge may seem like the most logical plan, but it is actually the worst thing you could possibly do.
- Seek shelter inside of a sturdy building outside of the half a mile radius of ground zero. These building will still be intact after the blast, contrary to what you may have seen in movies. Stay here for 24 hours.
- If you are in a single family residence when the blast occurs, still find alternative shelter in a larger building. Your chances of surviving will be exponentially greater than if you stay within the thin walls of the home.
- Rescue squads should not don radiation protective gear if it will slow them down. As long as the initial fallout has stopped, they should proceed in their normal attire.
- DON’T PANIC. Knowing these simple steps and following them will likely save your life.
Now, if you happen to be one of the unfortunate folks within the third to half a mile radius of ground zero, you actually still have a substantial chance of surviving. The absolute most important thing for you to do would be to find shelter – any shelter – immediately. Even a roof over your head within the disaster zone will help you avoid cancer-causing fallout.
(Read More: Obama Caves To Putin, Guts Nuclear Capabilities)
Stay at this temporary shelter location for one hour. Then, find another intact and larger building approximately six blocks away where you can stay.
We certainly hope you will never have to employ this knowledge, but should you ever be put in a situation where you have to do so, this information will help!
H/T: The Week
You may also like to read:
- Here’s What Obama Is Trying To Hide About His Hiroshima Visit…
- Obama Lands In Hiroshima – What He Does Next Is Despicable
- BREAKING: Possible Bomb Found Onboard Plane Carrying 134 People – It’s Happening
- BREAKING: ISIS Launches Deadly Terrorist Attack – At Least 63 Dead
- Obama’s White House BRAGS About Lying To Americans