BREAKING: School Shooting In Colorado
December 13, 2013 3:03pm PST
At least two people were injured during a school shooting this afternoon at Arapahoe High School in Centennial, Colorado.
After the suspected gunman opened fire, he allegedly shot himself dead.
Officials have not yet released the gunman’s identity, but have verified that it was a male. Sheriff Grayson Robinson said, “We have not been able to locate a second suspect, but that’s part of our ongoing investigation.”
The suspect allegedly entered the school with a gun to confront a specific teacher. The teacher was warned and able to exit the school before the gunman found her.
Until police were able to find the suspect, students at Arapahoe High remained locked in classrooms. Afterwards, they were all escorted to the school track field where police patted them down. Worried parents were instructed to wait for their children at a nearby church.
One of the injured students is in critical condition at the local hospital. The other only suffered minor wounds, and may not have gotten shot at all.
Today’s shooting happened one day prior to the anniversary of the shooting Newtown, Connecticut, where 20 children were killed.
We will keep you up-to-date on this situation as news breaks.
Written by Kristin. Follow her on Facebook.
You may also like to read:
- Hoodlum Tries To Rob Bank – Doesn’t Realize Off-Duty Cop Is Right Behind Him…
- BREAKING: Active Shooter On The Loose In Texas
- BREAKING: Gunman On The Loose In THIS State After Shooting Two Police Officers
- Ted Nugent Humiliates Hillary By Releasing This Bombshell Footage
- BREAKING: Gunman On The Loose In Major US City – At Least One Dead, Five Injured