BREAKING: Weapons Ban Shot Down, Obama Sends Kerry To U.N. To Pass International Gun Ban
March 20, 2013 12:45am PST
Diane Feinstein’s assault weapon ban may be deader than a doornail, but is the Obama administration trying to bring gun control into the United States via the NRA opposed U.N. Weapons Treaty?
Per the Washington Post.
The National Rifle Association, which is battling a raft of gun control measures on Capitol Hill, also has an international fight on its hand as it gears up to oppose a U.N. treaty designed to restrict the flow of arms to conflict zones.
…The NRA is among the treaty’s most vocal opponents and a founder of the World Forum on Shooting Activities, an international coalition of gun rights activists and gun manufacturers who plan to speak against the treaty.
“What we really object to is the inclusion of civilian firearms within the scope of the ATT,” said Tom Mason, the group’s executive secretary and a lawyer who has represented the NRA at U.N. meetings for nearly two decades. “This is a treaty that really needs to address the transfer of large numbers of military weapons that leads to human rights abuses. We have submitted language that you can define what a civilian firearm is.”
The NRA also argues that the treaty could infringe on gun rights as understood in the United States and could force Americans onto an international registry.
What is a “civilian firearm” in the mind of a UN bureaucrat or the Obama Administration? A pistol? Probably. A Mossberg Tactical Shotgun? Maybe not. An Ar-15? Doubtful. Oh, and don’t even start discussing an international gun registry. A list of gun owners at the government’s fingertips is nothing more than an invitation to try to confiscate every weapon in the country one day. That’s not acceptable today, tomorrow or ever.
You may also like to read:
- Dianne Feinstein and Ted Cruz Exchange Insults in Senate War Over Gun Control
- 25 Ridiculous Things Gun Hating Liberals Have Said
- Anti-Gun – Drone Advocate Sen. Feinstein Claims it’s legal to “hunt humans”
- Sen. Feinstein Says All Our Veterans Are Mentally Ill And Can’t Own Guns
- Dianne Feinstein & Piers Morgan Get Together To Discuss Gun Ban – Demonize Gun Owners
You may also like to read:
- Sen Paul Says Obama & Bush Are Lucky They Weren’t Arrested For Smoking Pot
- GOP Lawmaker So Lazy He Wants Congress To Start Meeting Virtually Online
- Liberal Politicians Horrified As Polls Show They Lose Their Jobs If They Support Gun Control
- Jim Carrey: Gun Owners Are “Heartless Motherf&ckers”
- Man Faces 5 Years Prison Time For Releasing Heart Shaped Balloons For Girlfriend