Seriously? Dad Hits Son For Not Watching Obama
February 24, 2012 8:46pm PST
A North Stamford father trying to make his pre-teenaged son listen to President Barack Obama’s State of the Union speech last month was arrested on a warrant Wednesday and accused of striking his son with a coffee mug when the youth would not pay attention.
Mohamed Shohan, 49, of 55 Mather Road, Stamford, was charged with third-degree assault, disorderly conduct and risk of injury to a child. He was released after posting $5,000 bond and will be arraigned on the charges at state Superior Court in Stamford Thursday.
Youth Bureau Sgt. Joseph Kennedy said police were made aware of the assault Jan. 27 when the youth was brought to Stamford Hospital for treatment of an injury to his face. When police interviewed the 11-year-old boy, he told them the two sat down at home to watch the address the day after his father recorded it, Kennedy said.
When the boy kept acting out, the father lost his temper and grabbed a coffee mug his son was holding and hit him in the face with it, causing a bruise to the bridge of his nose, it is alleged.
When interviewed, Shohan could not explain how his son was injured, police said. Police then obtained an arrest warrant for Shohan.
“The father ended up overreacting quite a bit,” Kennedy said.
You may also like to read:
- White House Tours Cancelled, But Obama’s Daughters Enjoy Spring Break At Plush 5 Star Resort in The Bahamas
- Sen Paul Says Obama & Bush Are Lucky They Weren’t Arrested For Smoking Pot
- GOP Lawmaker So Lazy He Wants Congress To Start Meeting Virtually Online
- Liberal Politicians Horrified As Polls Show They Lose Their Jobs If They Support Gun Control
- Jim Carrey: Gun Owners Are “Heartless Motherf&ckers”